You will need – plain paper, pen, pencil.
Play some nice music. Like this one below
1. Put your drawing had on the sheet of paper, pencil in hand.
2. Look at your palm and start observing it.
3. Start noticing the tiniest (smallest) lines on your palm.
4. Now start drawing these lines.
5. You do not need to make a drawing of it.
6. You only need to find one line and follow it all the way from the beginning to the end and drawing it in the meantime. Do not take your eyes off your palm. Let your drawing hand do its job on its own.
7. When finished with the line, find another one and start drawing this one the same way.
Keep your eyes firmly on your palm. Do not look at your drawing or your drawing hand.
Keep on drawing for 5-10 minutes.
This is what mine look like. 🙂
PATIENCE aka ACCEPTANCE
Patience is waiting. Not passively waiting. That is laziness. But to keep going when the going is hard and slow – that is patience.
Patience is also admitting that we do not see the complete picture, neither do we know what the future holds but we are willing to wait for it to be revealed to us step by step, chunks by chunks.
Learning to accept and allow, to go with the flow and relax a bit is critical to living a contented life.
Impatience is often the irritation we feel at the loss of control.
But life simply is not 100% controllable. It keeps on presenting us with ever-changing streams of unpredictable activities and events.
And the more we try to control and manipulate the outcome of life and the events that boil up around us with any kind of precision, the more frustrated we’ll be at the effort.
So breathe. Relax. Take it in. Be patient. Learn to accept the uncertain and befriend the unpredictable.
Let life happen actively. Participate in life without trying to control the outcome. Find pleasure and meaning in the most unlikely places. You’ll find it much more beautiful and happy when you do.