WELCOME TO OUR MEDITATIVE
MANDALA MAKING FOR WELL-BEING CLASS 🙂*
MANDALAS, LUMINOUS SYMBOLS
HOW IT WORKS TECHNICALLY + GADGETS
OUR PADLET CLICK HERE PASSWORD: MANDALA_ART
In order to feel safe and contained, there are a few guidelines to follow when attending the Class.
- Use everything for your upliftment and growth
- Be kind + Support yourself and others
- Take care of yourself – Feel free to use the lavatory, get a glass of water any time. We will have a short break, about half way
- Mute yourself but keep the video on so I know that you are OK
- Please make sure you have the art supplies that are necessary for you to be able attend the class fully ART SUPPLY LIST (CLICK)
PLEASE – PERSONAL SUGGESTIONS 🙂
- Ask when you don’t understand something.
- REMEMBER that we are doing the tasks together, only in different homes, so don’t read the material further than we have covered it. (Don’t spoil the fun!)
- DONT RUSH IT! it is a meditative process, allow the mandala to take shape through a process of becoming. Keep on closing your eyes, center yourself, and check inside what shape and form your mandala would like to take.
- Create a small Mandala!
- Don’t worry about not being able to finish your MANDALA. For me it takes days to finish one. Just go with the Flow. I will keep the Padlet open so you can share your mandala when it is ready.
- STAND UP AND MOVE! -Once in a while stand up, stretch your legs, your body and move a bit. In them middle of the page – 2 VIDEOS OF MOVEMENT+BREAK
- NO ‘HAVE TO’S’ – If there is any part of the process you don’t like, just skip it. Listen to some music instead. Please remember to wait for my instruction before you move on to the next task!
- GOD/DIVINE – use the word you are most comfortable with.
- HU SOUND: “Every prophet and every saint has a way , but all lead to God. All ways are really one.” Rumi (Daylight, A Daybook of Spiritual Guidance I,3086)
Just as many traditions believe that the “OM” is the original creative sound, there are traditions that believe that this energy may be attributed to another sound—the “HU”. In the Shabd Yoga traditions, including Master Path and Eckankar and in the mystical Islamic path of Sufi, the “HU” is considered to be the highest vibratory mantra that can be sounded. Chanting the “HU” is said to lead one to transcendence—to God realization and enlightenment. Source
GAME + INSTRUCTIONS
- Now, look at the ‘comments’ that you received and chose 1-3 comments that you find interesting or surprising and SHARE about it if you like.
INTRODUCTION TO MANDALA MAKING
Have you heard of MANDALAs before? What do you know about them?
MANDALA is a Sanskrit word for CIRCLE.
Why Create a Mandala?
- Because it has the regenerative and curative power to activate the latent powers of the mind. The meditative process helps to focus and open the heart to the healing power of unconditional love.
- Because it has a calming and relaxing effect on the mind and body, thus focusing arid strengthening the will to heal.
- Because it can bring joy creating a piece of art.
- Because it can make the invisible visible— expressing our inner world that may not be put into words.
- Because it can give form and expression to an intuitive insight into spiritual truth by releasing the inner light of the soul.
In this video below Dr Judith Cornell talks about her understanding of MANDALAS and introduces us to the kind of MANDALAS we are making and why in this class.
Do you have any questions?
Why do we make mandalas this way?
Listen to the audio version of the text written below!
The sacred symbol of the mandala enables us to recover from a sense of fragmentation.
The ultimate aim of making mandalas this way (luminous symbols) is the recovery of one’s authentic Self, from the ego-personality. The recovery of this Self, synonymous with enlightenment, is the mystical experiential knowing and remembering that we are one with Divine Power/Divine Love.
We are looking to making ourselves WHOLE again, embrace and/or heal parts of ourselves that needs to be reintegrated into the whole of who we are in our ‘greatness’ or ‘wholeness’. In order to do that we must go through some kind of a transformation or recovery.
Following Dr Judith Cornell’s methodology, we create symbols of illumination as we create mandalas. This way we experience and express different aspects of our Divine Self. These mandalas are transformative and healing because they connect us with our higher self: the all-knowing, pure and divine Self that knows no fragmentation or separation.
During the class we are looking for INNER EXPERIENCES that we will express and record in the form of an ILLUMINATED MANDALA.
OUR THEME TODAY IS –
It is our intention to create our mandalas from a deeper part of our being, the part is in connection and communication with the Divine, rather than from our Ego Mind. So, we centre ourselves and energize&bless the material we use for creating the Mandala ensuring that they will be aligned with our intention.
ENERGIZING HANDS + BLESSING THE MATERIALS
SCALES OF LIGHT INTRODUCTION + PRACTISE
The technique that we use for creating LUMINOUS SYMBOL MANDALAS is called SCALE OF LIGHT. This basic tool is for perceiving your consciousness as a pattern of light while working with black and white materials.
We need to learn to work with black drawing paper and white drawing pencil so we can create a sense of light emanating from the paper.
Later in the program you will create an expanding pattern of light, a drawing reflecting your unique pattern of inner light and visions.
Please follow the instructions on the video. Please feel free to watch the videos as many time as you wish.
Please create at least three different patterns of scale of lights. Please see the pictures below for reference.
When you are ready with your practise, please share a picture of it on our PADLET (pls see link and QR Code for PADLET at the top of the page)
In this video, I show how to bland whit with other colours by using the scale of light technique.
MOVEMENT – BREAK
Before you sit down again, please do these two movement exercises.
CREATING A SACRED SPACE FOR YOUR MEDITATION
Whether you do this exercise alone or in a group, create a clean, safe, and sacred workspace so that you won’t be interrupted by intruders or the telephone. Light a candle or incense and visualize yourself surrounded and protected by Divine Light. . If you have no particular spiritual practice or belief, use the candle to represent the supreme divine light within yourself.
ENERGIZING AND BLESSING THE MATERIALS
TASK: Listen to the visualization below and follow the instructions.
???MEDITATION AND VISUALISATION
Now you can express this Essence, your Soul in a unique pattern of light, using the meditation a an inspiration.
TASK: Take out the sheet of paper and your white pencils that you have blessed and energized. It is easier to get a beautiful scale of light with the white pencils if they are kept sharp at all times.
Using the white pencil, place a dot in the center of the black paper. This dot is a symbol of Supreme Consciousness.
Start at the center of the paper, where you placed your dot, and begin drawing. First create an outline, use the scale of light tool to fill the drawing with light and energy.
Work from the center of the paper outward. Each time you feel fearful or stuck, breathe gently and focus on keeping your heart open. Have the courage to explore your unique pattern and expression of spiritual light.
TASK: As you start drawing listen to this:
There is some wonderful music provided for you to entertain you while you are dawning! <3
MUSIC FOR DRAWING
You can listen to these lovely chants and songs while you are creating your MANDALA below.
TASK: Please share your progress with the others by taking a photo of your drawing and sharing it on our PADLET
USE THIS LINK TO GET TO OUR PADLET (click) OR USE THE FORMAT BELOW
TASK: When you are finished, hang up the image that has emerged and look at it. Let it speak to you in the silence of your heart.
Feel free to add to your Mandala Drawing or play with it until it feels finished. I will keep our PADLED open so you can share with the group your final ‘product’. 🙂
SHARING AND CLOSING CIRCLE
TASK: I would like to ask you to write a HAIKU poem (see examples below), putting your feelings and experiences about the class into words.
Please share YOUR HAIKU on our PADLET (LINK to PADLET ) You can take a photo of your poem or you can type it in just like a message.
CLOSING CIRCLE: Please read your XXX and say a few words about your experience during the class and say goody-bye to the other participants.
WHAT IS A XXX?
Sources: Most of the text above are taken from Dr Judith Cornell’s books as well as other sources. I altered them to fit the class’ structure and purpose. All meditations are copyright material to SPIRIT IN ART (TM).
This mandala blow was created by one of the participants of a previous class of ‘REMEMBERING WHO YOU ARE’.